If you want to learn English well, besides English vocabulary, grammar is an important factor to help you learn and understand English. Today we will provide you with a free set of English grammar books: English Grammar in Use from basic to advanced levels for you to study, published by Cambridge University and rated as The best grammar books.
With English grammar you can develop 4 skills in English perfectly. In today’s article you will get the basic information about the English Grammar in Use book series and the most objective assessment.
English Grammar in Use is the most used set of documents in the English language practice process of many people. This series of books published by Cambridge is written by Raymond Murphy to cater for IELTS learners with different learning levels. The full set of English Grammar in Use 2021 promises to be the right choice for you.
Related posts maybe you like:
- Mastering IELTS with “The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS”: A Comprehensive Review
- [Latest] Cambridge IELTS 17 General Training Student’s Book with Answers with Audio with Resource Bank
- Unlocking Success with Cambridge IELTS 18 Academic: A Comprehensive Review
- [Latest] Cambridge IELTS Series 01 – 18 with Answers (PDF & Audio CD)
- [Latest] Cambridge IELTS 18 Academic Student’s Book with Answers with Audio with Resource Bank
1. English Grammar in Use Elementary
English Grammar in Use Elementary is a self-study book for beginners about the grammar of English. With a red outer cover design and the content inside focusing on the accompanying exercises and answers. At the same time, this document also provides 115 grammar topics to help IELTS learners understand the form of sentences, words and phrases.
In addition, each lesson is broken down and analyzed in more detail so that you can learn complete and basic knowledge to improve efficiency. In which the structures include: basic tenses, articles, verb phrases, other forms of verbs, adjectives, nouns, etc. The main topics in this book include:
- Present: This section will have content mainly around verbs to use and there are 9 lessons in total about present tenses.
- Past: Same as present, but this content contains 5 lessons about the past tense.
- Present perfect: there are a total of 6 exercises focusing mainly on the present perfect.
- Passive: is the part that focuses mainly on the passive tobe verbs, including 2 lessons.
- Verb forms: includes 2 articles about present, past tense and frequency forms.
- Future: includes 4 lessons about future tenses and how to use auxiliary verbs.
- Modal and imperative: there are 8 articles on defective words
- There and it: This section includes 3 articles on the word forms there.
- Auxiliary verbs: there are 4 articles that are mainly focused on helping verbs.
- Questions: is a writing section about different types of questions used wh, do,… including 6 lessons.
- Reported Speech: Write in a narrative format that includes separate speech.
- Ing and to: this is a section on word forms using ing and to endings, including 4 articles.
- Go, get, do, make and have: write about verbs including 4 separate lessons.
- Pronouns and possessives: this section is written about verb forms and auxiliary verbs, including a total of 6 lessons.
2. English Grammar in Use Intermediate
For many people who are looking to review grammar and start practicing IELTS, the book English Grammar in Use Intermediate will be an effective assistant. This is considered an extremely famous and popular English grammar study book by author Raymond Murphy.
This book will bring you basic to advanced grammar knowledge to help you learn English more effectively. At the same time, this book includes 16 English grammar topics divided into 145 topics. Consists of:
- Present and past: contains 6 lessons on how to use present and past tense, continuous tense.
- Present perfect and past: contains 12 lessons on how to use the present and past perfect tenses.
- Future: contains 7 articles on future tenses.
- Modals: 7 tutorials on modal verbs.
- If and wish: 4 detailed articles on if – wish.
- Passive: includes 6 articles with passive sentences.
- Reported speech: 2 tutorials on different types of reported speech.
- Questions and auxiliary verbs: 4 separate lessons on question types.
- Ing and to: 16 lessons on V-ing and to verbs.
- Articles and nouns: 13 articles about articles and nouns.
- Pronouns and determiners: 12 articles on personal pronouns and determiners.
- Relative Clauses: 6 relative clause articles.
- Adjective and adverbs: includes 15 nouns and adverbs.
- Conjunctions and prepositions: 24 articles on conjunctions and prepositions.
- Phrasal verbs: 9 articles on phrasal verbs.
3. English Grammar in Use Advanced
If in the Intermediate book you get acquainted and distinguish phrases, then with the Advanced book you will be tolerated more advanced knowledge by the system of 60 lessons. This is a book for those who are good learners or already have a solid grammar foundation. Subjects include:
- Tenses: 8 basic lessons and expanding knowledge.
- The Future: 6 writing lessons on how to use future tenses
- Modals and sem: 6 articles on modal verbs.
- Linkings verbs, passives, question: includes 7 articles about linking words with passive verbs and questions.
- Verb complementations – what follows verb: 4 articles on linking verbs.
- Reporting: 8 more in-depth tutorials on reporting.
- Nouns: 4 lessons on how to use advanced nouns with verbs and subjects.
- Artcles, determiners, quantifiers: 8 articles on quantitative articles a,an, one, some….
- Relative clauses: 7 articles about relative clauses and other types of sentences.
- Pronouns, substitution, leaving out words: 6 more expanded articles of personal pronouns, linking words.
- Adjectives and adverbs: 13 lessons on adjectives and adverbs.
- Adverbial clauses and conjunctions: 9 articles on clauses and conjunctions.
- Prepositions: 7 detailed instructions on prepositions.
- Organizing information: 6 articles about information organization structures.
4. Guides & Tips for learning the English Grammar in Use book series
- To learn English Grammar in Use book effectively, you should:
- Carefully read the study guide of the book, learn the parts of each lesson, and study according to the system.
- Do the exercises with a specified time and then check the answers so that you can check your level.
Prepare notes to record good vocabulary and sentence structure that you learn through each lesson.
That’s the whole content of the English Grammar in Use book series, you can refer to some other books that testieltsonline.com has attached. Good luck with your studies and have a successful exam.
Above is all the basic information about the famous English grammar book : English Grammar in Use and the link to download the book for free. Hope you will choose for yourself the most suitable book.