The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS is a set of books that provides all the knowledge about the IELTS Academic and General Training tests that students wonder about when preparing for the IELTS exam. high score band.
Cambridge University Publishing House has published and brought books to the world to help IELTS students study more effectively.
The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS (ebook+audio) is divided into 4 parts, corresponding to 4 IELTS skills: Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking
Related posts maybe you like:
- 15 DAYS’ PRACTICE FOR IELTS FULL SERIES FREE DOWNLOAD (SPEAKING, WRITING, READING, LISTENING)
- 15 Days’ Practice For IELTS Reading Free Download (PDF)
- 15 Days’ Practice for IELTS Writing Free Download PDF
- 15 Days’ Practice For IELTS Speaking Free Download (PDF & Audio)
- 15 Days Practice for IELTS Listening Book (PDF & Audio)
1. The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS Book Information
Book Information The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
- Book title: The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
- Published: First time 2014, 398 pages thick
- Author: Pauline Cullen, Amanda French, Vanessa Jakeman
- Content: Provide full of important IELTS content: IELTS Academic & IELTS General training
This book is for those who have a good current level of English and want to familiarize themselves with and practice with IELTS test formats. We would recommend it to those of you who want to prepare for IELTS with a goal of 6.0+.
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS is an indispensable IELTS preparation book when you want to conquer some high score bands.
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS is published by Cambridge – a famous publishing house under the series of IELTS preparation books.
- Specially designed for learners from band 4.0, focusing on all 4 skills of Listening – Speaking – Reading – Writing.
Refer to the specific assessment of tuhocielts.vn here to start studying!
1.1. Book Contents
- On the first pages, the book summarizes the main information about the IELTS test to help you pack the most general knowledge.
- The book is divided into 4 parts, corresponding to 4 IELTS skills: Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking. Each section is divided into independent units, focusing on building your ability and confidence through structured practice exercises like the real exam.
- Part 2 of the book includes 8 practice exercises, with answers attached. The first practice test has hints and instructions for you. Besides, at the end of the book there is also an answer key and recording scripts file for you to self-study IELTS and test at home.
Table of contents The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS:
IELTS listening skill
1. Getting ready to listen
2. Following a conversation
3. Recongnising paraphrase
4. Places and directions
5. Listening for actions and processes
6. Attitude and opinon
7. Following a lecture or talk 8.Contrasting ideas
IELTS reading skills
1. Reading strategies
2. Descriptive passages
3. Understanding the main ideas
4. Locating and matching
5. Discursive passages
6. Multiple – choice questions
7. Opinions and attitudes
8. Geneal Training Reading
| IELTS writing
1. Academic writing Task 1 – Describing a chart, table or graph
2. Academic writing Task 1 – Comparing and contrasting graphs and tables
3. Academic writing Task 1 – Describing dia grams
4. Academic writing Task 1 – Describing maps
5. General Traning writing task 1 – Aletter
6. Writing task 2 – Getting ready to write
7. Writing task 2 – Expressing your ideas clearly
8. Writing task 2 – Checking and correcting
1. The speaking test – part 1
2. Part 2 – Giving a talk
3. Part 3 – Talking about abstract topics
4. Checking, correcting and assessing
1. Parttice test 1
2. Parttice test 2
3. Parttice test 3
4. Parttice test 4
5. Parttice test 5
6. Parttice test 6
7. Parttice test 7
2. Review The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
Let’s briefly review this book to see why it is so “hot”.
– In each skill, it has a small task. Sharing like that helps me feel lighter and less bored when I have to chew on such “academic” things.
– There is a script for the listening part to check where I am wrong.
– Speaking has sample video, sample talk video. And if you miss the CD (like me), you can watch it on YouTube (the listening file is also on YouTube, some people even upload it to SoundCloud)
– Each skill also has a specific division of skills required in each skill. J It’s a bit difficult to understand, right. For example, in IELTS Listening Skills, it breaks down each sub-skill that is required to do well on the test.
– Test I found the difficulty to be stable, the length of the test is suitable. But I think if you study for the exam, you should do more difficult because when you enter the exam room, your brain will be like that.
– There are writing samples but it is not specified what band. Do not specify the min and max number of words of Writing Task 1. Vocabulary for writing, the book provides not much, not close. In general, if you want to write well, you should consult a lot of other books. Because writing is difficult.
– Do not mention how to brainstorm ideas in both Writing and Speaking Skills. I don’t see much vocabulary in this
– Do not clearly divide the common post type and do not update the post format but enter it recently. This must also be understood by them. Even if it is a Cambridge book, this problem is difficult to solve in one book. If you want to be good, you have to learn.
I just commented. Personally, I think, in general (for an overview of IELTS), the book “The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS” is a very suitable choice. Learn more about these required skills, the basic foundation for IELTS, and so on. But with a book like this, the mouse only becomes a meow, not a fox. Vocabulary has not been upgraded much, and even if you have a good grasp of Writing and Speaking, you still won’t be fluent when you take the test, meaning fluent.
3. How to use the book effectively
The first piece of advice that tuhocielts.vn wants to give you is about the secret to conquering the Skills section.
- You should learn the system in turn, because the knowledge and information in Tasks are upgraded through each unit to develop your skills. In addition, you can focus on learning 1 skill first or learn all 4 skills. Of course, you should still learn all the units before taking the practice test.
- When taking the practice test, try to apply the tips and strategies you have learned to remember longer. In particular, you can put pressure on yourself to take the test as if it were real.
Having a good book, you must know how to learn and use it effectively when reviewing.
- First, you should learn the 4 skills first, then do the exercises in each lesson to both grasp the knowledge and apply the most effective homework.
- After completing the 4 skills, you do the exercises in the Practice Exam section at the end of the book to get used to the format and time of the test.
- Always prepare a notebook and pen to record new knowledge and vocabulary.
This is an official IELTS study guide, written by IELTS examiners, so you can be assured of advice and information that is always updated quickly.
4. Download The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS [PDF+ Audio] for free
Now you can get the Link Download The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS [PDF+ Audio] for free below link here:
The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS [PDF+ Audio]