The hottest test preparation book series – Cambridge IELTS 17 has officially launched the IELTS learner community. Let’s learn about it through the article below.
Are you looking for a book that updates and predicts the latest IELTS test content? Are you wondering whether to choose a book from a reputable publisher? The following article will introduce you to Cambridge IELTS 17 – a perfect set of books that will meet your above criteria! Let’s find out with Test IELTS Online now!
Related posts maybe you like:
- [Latest] Cambridge IELTS Series 01 – 17 with Answers (PDF & Audio CD)
- [Latest] Cambridge IELTS Series 01 – 18 with Answers (PDF & Audio CD)
- [Latest] Cambridge IELTS 17 General Training Student’s Book with Answers with Audio with Resource Bank
- Unlocking Success with Cambridge IELTS 18 Academic: A Comprehensive Review
- [Latest] Cambridge IELTS 18 Academic Student’s Book with Answers with Audio with Resource Bank
1. Introduction to Cambridge IELTS 17
To help candidates have the best orientation to prepare for the IELTS exam, the prestigious publisher of English books – Cambridge has launched the Cambridge IELTS 17 series. With an update on changes and topic orientations. Basic exam through exam questions, this book series is one of the most anticipated IELTS preparation materials in 2022.
So what content does Cambridge IELTS 17 include?
Like previous books, Cambridge IELTS 17 retains the same exam structure. However, the topics have been added and expanded by the author, so the content of this latest edition is considered to be more diverse than the previous book series.
The book provides learners with 4 complete tests with 4 skills of Speaking, Listening, Writing, Reading with Audio files with detailed answers for each question. This will help you to self-assess the speed of the test and the amount of knowledge you have learned easily. Each test is designed by the author according to the latest topic trend in 2021-2022. That’s why if you don’t know about the IELTS Cambridge book series, or don’t have any books to review, it’s a waste!
Cambridge IELTS 17 includes 4 IELTS Academic practice tests covering all 4 skills (full IELTS Academic tests): Listening, Reading, Writing & Speaking.
At the end of the book there are exam answers, audioscripts and sample writing for you to compare and refer to. Helps learners become familiar with question types, improve their test-taking ability and be able to self-test their English level to prepare for the IELTS exam effectively.
Note: Although it is called a book, in reality, Cambridge IELTS 17 is more like a set of exam questions. It only provides practice tests (following the standard format of the real test), audioscripts and accompanying answers, but does not provide any instructions or test-taking tips.
Basic information of Cambridge IELTS 17 book:
Book title: Cambridge IELTS 17
Manufactured by: Cambridge University Press
Year of publication: 2021
Page number: 194
2. Who is Cambridge IELTS 17 suitable for?
Cambridge IELTS 17 is suitable for those who have a solid foundation in English, those who set a band score goal of 5.5 – 7.5 and want to add more test questions to prepare for this IELTS exam.
If you have not determined your level, you can refer to the IELTS practice test on the website tailieuielts.com to determine whether your ability level is suitable for the Cambridge IELTS 17 book or not!
Content of Cambridge IELTS 17 book
The book’s content is taken from IELTS practice tests, helping readers become familiar with the test and practice their knowledge more thoroughly. Cambridge IELTS 17 is considered to have the most updated content with directions for IELTS exam questions in recent years. If you have taken the Cambridge IELTS books before, you will certainly not be too unfamiliar with the layout of these books.
Below is the main layout of the book including:
- Introduction: Introduces the format of IELTS Academic and IELTS General Training and gives some basic information related to the book
- Practice Test: Provides quality tests with the same format as real tests for all 4 skills (Listening, Reading, Writing, Speaking)
- Audio scripts: This section provides the transcript for the Listening lesson
- Listening and Reading Answer Keys: Answers for Listening and Reading
- Sample Writing Answer: Answer section, writing samples
Cambridge IELTS 17 includes 4 practice tests for all 4 skills (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing). Each practice exam is carefully compiled, so that the format is as similar to the real exam as possible. This will help students become familiar with the format and requirements of the IELTS test, while also practicing their skills.
3. The most effective way to learn Cambridge IELTS 17 for beginners
To study the Cambridge IELTS 17 book as well as prepare for the exam effectively, you should allocate your time appropriately and consolidate previous knowledge to ensure efficiency during the test.
- Before taking the test: Listen to the audio again, spend about a minute to skim all the questions in each Part to understand the main content of each part.
- While doing the test: You need to concentrate highly on reading carefully, while reading while identifying directions and underlining important keywords.
- After taking the test: you should spend about 15-20 minutes to check your answers and recheck the wrong questions. Don’t forget to prepare a book to note down mistakes that you easily make to avoid “traps” for the next test.
a, Listening part
The Listening section of Cambridge IELTS 17 has specific content:
|Listening Section 1||Buckworth Conservation Group|
|Listening Section 2||Boat trip round Tasmania|
|Listening Section 3||Work experience for veterinary science students|
|Listening Section 4||Labyrinths|
|Opportunities for voluntary work in Southoe village|
|Romeo and Juliet|
|Listening Section 4||The impact of digital technology on the Icelandic language|
|Advice on surfing holidays|
|Holly’s Work Placement Tutorial|
|Bird Migration Theory|
|Easy Life Cleaning Services|
|Sporting activities at school|
Listening tests are not only to practice your listening ability, you can completely use audio files to practice IELTS Speaking. Try to repeat the reader’s voice as closely as you can (Shadowing Method) and record it to see your progress. However, this way is more suitable for you to practice British English because most of the Audio is British. If you want to practice American English accent, you can refer to other sources such as VOA, Fox News, CNN, etc.
b, IELTS Reading
Some types of questions often appear in the Reading test such as Multiple choice questions, Information identification questions, Information matching, Head Matching. topic), Sentence completion, Summary completion, Features matching, etc. For IELTS Reading tests, you can refer to the following learning methods:
- Step 1: Master all the tips and tricks for each type in IELTS Reading to avoid losing your reputation score.
- Step 2: Press the clock to do the real exam time. Remember to work in a quiet space.
- Step 3: Score, note the phrases you often encounter in IELTS questions. Pay special attention to synonyms
- Step 4: Take note of new grammar, good vocabulary or notes during the test. Continue to use support applications to practice to avoid making mistakes in previous tests
One of the mistakes of many candidates is the unreasonable allocation of time leading to not completing the test. To overcome this, besides knowing how to do the right types of cards and dividing the time, you also need to increase your reading speed. You can practice English reading comprehension through bilingual articles, bilingual movie apps, etc.
The Reading articles in Cambridge IELTS 17 have not changed much, still maintaining the old format but the topics are more diverse and broader. Below are the Reading topics in Cambridge IELTS 17:
|Reading Passage 1||The London underground railway|
|Reading Passage 2||Stadiums: past, present and future|
|Reading Passage 3||To catch a king|
|Reading Passage 1||The Dead Sea Scrolls|
|Reading Passage 2||A second attempt at domesticating the tomato|
|Reading Passage 3||Insight or evolution?|
|Reading Passage 1||The thylacine|
|Reading Passage 2||Palm oil|
|Reading Passage 3||Building the Skyline: The Birth and Growth of Manhattan’s Skyscrapers|
|Reading Passage 1||Bats to the rescue|
|Reading Passage 2||Does education fuel economic growth?|
|Reading Passage 3||Timur Gareyev – blindfold chess champion|
c, IELTS Speaking
The IELTS Speaking test consists of 3 parts, Section 1: asking about name, age, nationality, ID… Section 2: asking about yourself, family, current job and Section 3: asking about hobbies , these questions are selected from sample questions, such as Do you enjoy traveling and why/why not?
With the Speaking test, remember to record your speech to adjust your voice to your liking. Practicing speaking in front of a mirror when practicing Speaking is also very good for you to adjust your own mouth and body language.
It’s better to have a partner to practice with. Having a good partner not only gives you suggestions, but also honestly reflects your current level. And having someone to learn Speaking will help you feel less bored
d, IELTS Writing
Writing is a skill that many IELTS learners are struggling with. To write well you need determination and perseverance. Practicing writing a lot does not necessarily bring good results, you should pay more attention to the quality of each article.
And especially you need to find someone who can correct your cards and show you your mistakes
Free Download Cambridge IELTS 16 Academic Student’s Book with Answers with Audio with Resource Bank (PDF + Audio CD ) below link here:
4. Advantages of Cambridge IELTS 17 book
Cambridge IELTS 17 book is one of the newest books in the Cambridge IELTS book series, below are the advantages of the book:
- The book updates the latest IELTS exam questions closely following the exam questions of each year.
- Includes diverse IELTS test questions with difficulty levels from easy to difficult, helping learners become familiar with question types and improve their IELTS test-taking skills.
- Detailed explanations for each question and sample papers, helping learners grasp correctly and enhance their IELTS test-taking skills.
- The book provides audio exercises and pronunciation explanations, helping learners improve their pronunciation skills and better understand how to pronounce words and phonetics in English.
So, above is all the detailed information related to the Cambridge IELTS 17 book. Hopefully, the information provided by tailieuielts.com will help you better understand the book and prepare for the IELTS exam. mine is better. Wishing you good studies and don’t forget to refer to the IELTS Ebook section to supplement your knowledge to conquer high scores!
You can also download Cambridge IELTS 1 4 Academic Student’s Book with Answers, Cambridge IELTS 15 Academic Student’s Book with Answers, Cambridge IELTS 16 Academic Student’s Book with Answers to get yourself familiarized with the IELTS test