IELTS Writing Task 2 Question:
Some think the current generation should take steps to protect the environment for the next generation. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Currently, a vast majority of (=a large number of) people are of the opinion that the youngsters (=the youth) should take some considerable measures to protect the environment for future generations. I firmly agree with this perception as human beings must take responsibility for their actions and have a vision of how the future would look for their offspring (a human child or animal child). In the forthcoming paragraphs, I will be presenting my views.
It is evident (=obvious) that environmental issues, in the present scenario, have reached a specific level where they cannot be taken for granted (fail to properly appreciate sth/sb) anymore. In fact, if no immediate actions are taken to counter the threateningly uprising issues of the environment, there is a possibility that the upcoming generations may have to experience an ecological catastrophe (disaster/ calamity). Such ecological situations will increase the level of diseases and related deaths. Additionally, mammals and other species will get impacted along with vegetation. Not to mention – a humongous (=huge) number of plants and animals will be at risk of extinction. Besides, humankind’s survival may turn into a huge concern as well.
Related posts maybe you like:
- IELTS Opinion Essay Model Answer – Topic: Creative Artists
- IELTS Discussion Essay Model Answer 4 – Topic: Save Languages With Few Speakers From Dying Out
- Model Essay for IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Learning a Language Could Be Advantageous
- Model Essay for IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Function of Music is to Help People Relax
- IELTS Cause Solution Essay Model Answer – Topic: Poverty
Apart from all the reasons mentioned above, the general public and authorities should be completely responsible and aware of the consequences of their actions on the environment. Everybody must take responsibility for their actions as the upcoming generation should not suffer from the heritage destruction caused by our irresponsible actions. For instance, if the current generation, in pursuit of materialistic (excessively concerned with material possessions) pleasure and societal status, destroys the natural habitats (the environment or natural home of an animal, plant,etc) of animals and leaves the earth polluted, the consequences will not be fair for future citizens.
While I am aware of the fact that everything is not possible by the current generation and that they have got their own issues; nonetheless saving the environment for the upcoming generation should be the priority.
In conclusion, I completely agree that the present-day generation must take actions to protect the environment for the forthcoming generations because people are liable for (responsible for) the natural heritage that they are going to leave to ensure that their progeny (=offspring) does not suffer from any severe ecological issues.
Structure of the Opinion Essay
- In an opinion essay, you have to decide you agree or disagree with the statement, then you will support your idea in your essay.
Do you agree that the current generation should take steps to protect the environment for the next generation?
Do you disagree with the fact that the current generation should take steps to protect the environment for the next generation?
- After you pick a side (agree/disagree), you can start planning your essay and then express your opinion clearly in the introduction.
Don’t forget to state your opinion on it.
Question Paraphrased – Currently, a majority of people are of the opinion that the youngsters should take some considerable measures to protect the environment for future generations.
Opinion – I firmly agree with this perception as human beings must take responsibility for their actions and have a vision of how the future would look for their offspring.
A thesis statement – In the forthcoming paragraphs, I will be presenting my views.
BODY PARAGRAPH 1
Topic: The present situation
- Upcoming generation may experience an ecological catastrophe
- Such ecological situation will increase the diseases and deaths
- Negative effect on mammals and other species
- Impact on vegetation, plants and animals
BODY PARAGRAPH 2
Topic: Present generation should be responsible
- General public and authorities should be responsible and aware of the consequences
- Everybody must take the responsibility
- The upcoming generation should not suffer the heritage destruction
Reiterated that the present-day generation must take actions to protect the environment and supported the side taken in introduction.