IELTS Writing Task 2:
In many countries, traditional foods are being replaced by fast food. This has a negative impact on families, individuals and societies. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Nowadays, the newer generation is more interested in fast food than their native food items. This particular adaptation is not just detrimental (=harmful) for families but individuals and societies as a whole (=in general). I totally agree with this statement as losing interest in the traditional food may detach them from their culture. In the following paragraphs, I shall explain my point of view.
Undoubtedly, junk foods are regarded as one of the preferred meals of the majority of people. However, this type of diet is least suggested by health advisors and dietitians (an expert on diet and nutrition). Also, these food products and beverages are liable (=responsible) for a gamut of ( the whole range of thing) emerging diseases, obesity being one of them. For instance, burgers and pizzas have a humongous (huge, enormous) amount of fat. Despite being scrumptious (=delicious), they can lead to an increase in weight, resulting in (lead to) negative impacts on the health.
Related posts maybe you like:
- Opinion Essay for IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Educational Institutions
- IELTS Opinion Essay Model Answer – Topic: Creative Artists
- Opinion Essay for IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: A Person Achieves Their Aims in Life is Related to Luck
- Sample Essay for IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Rich Countries Give Financial Aid to Poor Countries
- IELTS Discussion Essay Model Answer 4 – Topic: Save Languages With Few Speakers From Dying Out
Traditional food comprises a balanced amount of vitamins, proteins, and more such essential nutrients, which are essential for us to consume and be active and fit. Thus, these types of food items keep us away from unwanted diseases and help us be more productive while keeping dizziness and lethargy (a lack of energy) at bay (keep sth at bay: to control sth and prevent it from causing you problems). Not to mention, the spices and other ingredients available in the traditional food contain a variety of medicinal properties that safeguard (=protect) our immune system (the cells and tissues in the body which help protect people/animals against diseases). For instance, having a glass of milk with turmeric once a day can do wonders (to have a very good effect) for our body.
Wrapping it up, it is evident that our priority should be to stay healthy and active while refraining from (stop from doing sth) indulging in (allow oneself to enjoy the pleasure of) such activities that may cause trouble and stress. For this specific reason, going with traditional food rather than unhealthy, fast food should be the first priority.
Structure of the Opinion Essay
- In an opinion essay, you have to decide you agree or disagree with the statement, then you will support your idea in your essay.
Do you agree that traditional foods are being replaced by fast food? (or) Do you disagree with the fact that traditional foods are being replaced by fast food?
- Once you pick a side (agree/disagree), you can start planning your essay and then express your opinion clearly in the introduction.
Question Paraphrased – The newer generation is more interested in fast food than their native food items. This particular adaptation is not just detrimental for families but individuals and societies as a whole.
Opinion – I totally agree with this statement as losing interest in the traditional food may detach them from their culture.
A thesis statement – In the forthcoming paragraphs, I shall explain my point of view.
BODY PARAGRAPH 1
Topic: Disadvantages of junk food
- Liable for a gamut of emerging diseases
- Have humongous amount of fat
- Leads to increase in weight
- Leave negative impacts on health
BODY PARAGRAPH 2
Topic: Benefits of traditional food
- Comprises a balanced amount of vitamins, proteins and more
- Keep us away from unwanted diseases
- Helps us be more productive
- Spices contain a variety of medicinal properties
Reiterated that our priority should be to stay healthy and active while refraining from indulging in such activities that may cause trouble and stress and supported the side taken in introduction