1. Describe your education
I graduated from High School for the Gifted and got into an International University because I think 2-year study at this university would prepare me well, especially my critical thinking skills before I finish another 2 years abroad at the University of Nottingham.
Related posts maybe you like:
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam with Model Answers in Pakistan – November 2021
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam with Model Answers in Iran – November 2021
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam with Model Answers in Bangladesh – November 2021
- Recent IELTS Speaking Test in Canada – November 2021 with Model Answers
- LATEST IELTS ACTUAL TESTS WORLDWIDE IN 2021 (UPDATED DAILY)
Critical thinking (n) the objective analysis and evaluation of an issue in order to form a judgment.
Get into something (phrase) to be accepted to study at a school
2. What is your area of specialization?
My major is Plant Biotechnology. I have been into Biology since I was in high school and I think a shift to a field where Biology and advanced technology are associated would be interesting and promising for my future career.
Major (n) the most important subject that a college or university student is studying
To be into something (phrase) really like something
3. Why did you choose to study that major?
There are many reasons for my choice. As I’ve already explained about my long-term interest in Biology and plants, another reason could be because of science itself, since I’ve found my personalities have changed in a positive way, you know, like I’ve become more patient and skillful.
4. Do you like your major? (Why?/Why not?)
To tell you the truth it was quite challenging for me at first, because the university’s requirements are especially high and you know science itself highly demands skillful hands and curious mind. However, as time goes by I think I’m getting used to an insurmountable amount of pressure and actually enjoy my study.
Go by (phrasal verb) if time goes by, it passes
Get used to Verb-ing/something (phrase) If you get used to something, you become familiar with it
Insurmountable (adj) incapable to overcome (problem/difficult)
5. What kind of school did you go to as a child?
Well just like most of the pupils, I spent five years at the government’s primary school. It took me only 10 minutes to go to school and I had my parents take me to school everyday. Classes start at 7 in the morning and end at 5 in the evening.
6. What was your favourite subject as a child?
To tell you the truth, I was quite good at Literature back then. Besides, my Literature teacher was really dedicated and caring, thus I always tried my best to get high score and impressed my teacher.
Back then (phrase) an expression you can use in order to refer to a specific period of time in the past
7. (Possibly) Are you looking forward to working?
To be honest, working is actually my plan B just in case I need to make ends meet. In the future I think my higher degree is my priority.
Plan B (n) back-up plan
To make ends meet (v) to make money, to earn a living