Describe a time when you received money as a present
You should say:
- When it happened
- Who it is
- How you spend the money
- And explain how you feel about it
Band 6,5 Answer by IELTS test taker
Related posts maybe you like:
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam with Model Answers in Pakistan – November 2021
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam with Model Answers in Iran – November 2021
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam with Model Answers in Bangladesh – November 2021
- Recent IELTS Speaking Test in Canada – November 2021 with Model Answers
- LATEST IELTS ACTUAL TESTS WORLDWIDE IN 2021 (UPDATED DAILY)
New Year is an occasion when people give present to each other as a mean for celebration. I received money as a luck gift during the spring festival.
It was the spring festival of last year. In our tradition, the younger generation will always visit the elder in Spring festival to wish them good health and longer life, so I went to my grandparent’s house with my father and mother. We chatted for a while and suddenly, my grandmother left the living room and returned with a red packet in her hands. She gave me the packet and wished me all the best in the new year. I would like to refuse but I simply couldn’t because the youngster are expected to receive the money as a good will.
As for how I felt it about it, well, I sincerely thanked my grandparents for their generosity because I was in a desperate short of money back at that time. But I believe that money-giving should be less involved in spring festival because new year is a time for the family to gather and celebrate. The festival is meant for happiness, and I believe that family could be close even without the assistance from money. On the other hand, it is a hope of mine that many underprivileged people can share the happiness that I had with my family, so I donated the money to a charity.