Describe an occasion you wore the best clothes
You should say:
- When it was
- What you wore
- What it looked like
- And explain why you wore it
Band 8 Sample Answer
I would like to tell you about my first job interview and that was the time I got dressed up (put on formal clothes for a special occasion) quite attractively and formally.
So a few years ago, after graduating from university, I applied for a job in a multinational company located in ABC city. Fortunately, I was called for an interview and to be completely honest with you, at that time I was incredibly nervous due to my lack of experience.
Related posts maybe you like:
- [SEP – DEC 2021] IELTS Cue Card 21 Sample Band 8 Topic: Describe a piece of good news that you received
- (SEP – DEC 2021) 52 IELTS Speaking Part 2 & Part 3 Topics & Questions with Model Answers PDF (Ebook)
- Answers for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 (Sep – Dec 2021)
- Band 8+ for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & Part 3 Topic: Describe a quiet place you visited
- Sample Band 8 for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & Part 3: Habit Your Friend Has & You Want to Develop
Actually, I know that in order to win an interview, there are several key elements such as my attitude, affability (friendliness), good command of (knowledge of a particular subject) relating subjects and so on. But my mom actually gave me a steer on (to give someone advice or information) how first impressions count, which was why I was dressed up to the nines (to put on extremely fashionable or formal clothes).
So on that day, I picked a suit for myself because suits never go out of fashion (become unfashionable). To be a bit more specific, it was a tailor-made (designed for a particular person) suit. It was double-breasted (have two parallel lines of buttons down the front) and greyish. And you know what, it fit like a glove (fit very well) and I actually look dapper (stylish) and I felt like a million dollars (well, very good) when I walked into the interview room.
So anyway, the suit gave me a sense of confidence and I did so well in the interview that I got the job offer right off the bat (immediately) with a handsome salary. Needless to say, I was over the moon (extremely happy) about it and maybe next time when I attend any events, I will try to dress up a bit.
So that was the time I wore my best clothes.
IELTS Speaking part 3 questions:
- Why do people working in supermarkets have to wear uniform?
- Do you think children like to wear uniform?
- Why do children have to wear uniform?