IELTS Speaking Part 1 Questions – Topic: Hometown
- Where do you come from?
Well I was born and raised in ABC city, which is one of the largest cities in my country with the population of around 13 million people.
- What’s the most attractive part of your hometown?
Oh, in the vicinity of (near) my house, there is a park designed by Japanese architects. It’s artfully landscaped, with beautiful paths that lead around a shimmering (shiny, reflecting a gentle light that seems to shake slightly), willow tree-dotted pond. I consider this is the most stunning view in my hometown.
- Has your hometown changed much these years?
Yes, but in a negative way I’d say. You know, my hometown has become more polluted due to excessive (much more than is necessary or reasonable) use of private vehicles. Not only that, people nowadays are not so environmentally conscious ( sensitive to the state of the surrounding environment), which is really sad.
Related posts maybe you like:
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Sample Band 9 in 2021 – Topic: House or Flat
- Band 8 Sample Answers for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Childhood
- Band 8 Sample Answer for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic & Questions: Relax / Taking a rest/ Take a break
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Band 8 Sample Answers – Topic: Going out
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Band 9 Model Answers – Topic: Daily Routine
- Do you think you will be still living in your hometown in the future?
Yes, I think so. I have my family, my friends here and I want to develop my career in my city. You know, there are a lot of employment prospects here and I can easily move up (to go to a better job, higher level ) my career ladder (a series of jobs from the lower paid with less responsibility to the highest paid with the most responsibility).