IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Noise (for January – April 2019)
1. What natural sound(s) do you like (the most)? (Why?)
I love the sound of waves the best. Hearing gentle waves lap at the shore gives me a sense of peace and relaxation.
Related posts maybe you like:
- Model Answers for IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Topic: Crowded Places
- Band 8 Sample Answers for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Decoration
- Band 8 Sample Answers for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: New Year
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Band 9 Answers in 2021 – Topic: LANGUAGES
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Band 9 Answers in 2021 – Topic: MOVIES
I love listening to birds chirping, leaves rustling, waves lapping over the beach, rain falling on the ground and streams gurgling down in the valley. They are the real sound of the nature. The beauty is indescribable.
2. What sounds do you dislike? (Why?)
I hate it when cars continuously honk as it is very annoying and impolite. However, in Vietnam, people keep pushing their honk at intersections even though the light hasn’t turned green yet which makes me feel really disappointed.
I detest listening to unwanted noises from construction sites, heavy machinary, and beeps of vehicles on the roads especially during peak hours. All of them drive me up the wall.
3. What sounds remind you of your childhood?
It is probably the sound of school bell. Whenever I hear that sound, it brings back beautiful memories I had when I was still in my primary school.
4. What (kinds of) music do you like the most?
I am really into pop music. This genre pleases almost everyone and can be played on many occasions. Besides, engaging rhythms and repetitive lyrics make it so easy to remember and sing along.
5. Does your school have any quiet places for studying?
Of course. The library in my school is an ideal place for self-study as it has silent study zones on different floors. In addition, there are some individual study rooms which are sound-proof and fully-equipped with A/C and computer.
6. What are some places where there is a lot of noise?
I think public places like markets are usually full of noise. This is because people need to talk to each other to get a good bargain for the items they purchase. Besides, sellers usually talk in a very loud voice in order to attract customers to their shop.
7. Do you mind noises? (Do any noises bother you?)
Yes, I do. I am always up to my ears with work all day round. Therefore, whenever I come back home, I just want some quiet place to chill out and don’t want to be annoyed by any noise.
8. What type of noise do you come across in your daily life?
I think I have to face the noise of traffic on a daily basis as my house is located on one of the main routes to the city center. Thus, it is noisy almost all parts of the day, especially at peak hours.