IELTS Speaking Part 2
Describe your favorite season of the year.
You should say:
• What the weather is like.
• Why you like this season.
• What activities you usually do during this season.
• How different kinds of weather in this season affect people.
Band 9 Sample:
Today, I am going to tell you about my favourite season. Honestly, I love all the seasons but I think my favourite is spring. Usually, it starts at the end of December in our country and lasts till the middle of March.
Related posts maybe you like:
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam with Model Answers in Pakistan – November 2021
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam with Model Answers in Iran – November 2021
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam with Model Answers in Bangladesh – November 2021
- Recent IELTS Speaking Test in Canada – November 2021 with Model Answers
- LATEST IELTS ACTUAL TESTS WORLDWIDE IN 2021 (UPDATED DAILY)
The weather in my country is the best during spring because you will not suffer from the excessive heat of summer or the freezing wind of winter. The temperature is tolerable both day and night. One of the best things about spring is that, during this poetic season, nature displays itself in beautiful green and flowers are noticed everywhere. Fruit trees, such as cherry and apricot trees are in full blossom, and colourful flowers such as daffodils and marigolds bloom in parks and gardens. The sounds of spring are wonderful too. A typical spring day will begin when some birds start their morning chorus as they look for a mate. We also celebrate New Year, one of the most anticipated holidays by people. This is an occasion for pilgrimages, family reunions and many festivals. Parties full of delicious traditional dishes are the main theme for the whole holiday of New Year Eve.
I am of the opinion that different kinds of weather can affect people’s health. Even among those in the prime of health, an excessively hot or cold day can lead to illness or injury, let alone the elderly, who can be more susceptible to extreme weather conditions. Weather can also make a huge impact on people’s lives. Obviously, the weather dictates what you are going to wear for the day, often depending on the time of year. Also, winter snow storms in Western countries can cancel school or make your morning commute a hassle.
• suffer from: be badly affected by
• excessive: greater than what seems reasonable or appropriate
• tolerable: moderate, acceptable
• in full blossom: with the flowers fully open
• morning chorus: early morning bird songs
• pilgrimage: a journey to a holy place for religious reasons
• in the prime of: in the best, most successful, most productive stage
• susceptible: very likely to be influenced, harmed or affected
• dictate: decide, determine
• hassle: irritating inconvenience
IELTS Speaking Part 3
Do you think weather has an influence on people’s mood?
Well definitely yes. Most people have a big preference for mild or windy weather due to the fact that it is the most favorable time to go out and do something outdoors. However, when the weather is a little rainy and humid, people have a tendency to stay at home and watch a movie or something like that.
Do you like to go outside when winter comes?
Well, I have to admit that I hate having to leave the house in the winter because there’s often a thick fog every morning and we sometimes get bitterly cold winds as well. Such things prevent me from going to work and study.
How you feel about the climate in recent years?
Well, that is an intriguing question. From my personal perspective, the climate on Earth is becoming more and more changeable, which unfortunately results from climate change. As you can see, normally, in summer there would be no rainfall at all in nearly 3 or 4 months, but nowadays, in that particular season, the rain can come any time, which even contrasts the weather forecast.
What can we do to stop greenhouse effect?
There are several ways that can put an end to greenhouse effect. Firstly, industrial countries like the US and China need to have a consensus on the amount of Co2 emissions released into the air every year. Therefore, it can help reduce such bad effects on the air people breathe in every day. Another possible solution is to cut down on the number of vehicles using fossil fuels on a global scale. Instead, people should be encouraged to use public transport.
What are the possible results if temperature continues going up?
If that continues to happen, it is obvious that people especially those from low-income households cannot stand the boiling hot weather and then spend more money installing costly air-conditioning systems. This would reduce the amount of budget that can be spent on other educational and recreational activities