A person you think has interesting ideas and opinions
You should say:
– Who this person is
– How you know this person
– What kinds of ideas and opinions he has
– How do you think of this person
I know many people who have a lot of interesting ideas and opinions, but here I would like to talk about my paternal grandfather, who is the most knowledgeable person in my eyes.
His name is Manmohan Singh. He is in his early seventies, and retired from Punjab education services. He is not very tall, but looks very handsome. He generally wears white kurta pajama, but on formal occasions he wears pant shirt. He has a great sense of humour and can turn any tense situation into a happy one. No one can ever get bored in his company. One can have a discussion with him for hours on any topic on Earth. He is an ardent reader and reads 4 newspapers daily. He reads the editorial section in depth. He says that reading the editorials makes him look at things from different perspectives and then he can make opinions of his own.
Related posts maybe you like:
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 Sample Answer: Describe an interesting animal you have seen
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & Part 3: Describe an article you read about healthy living
- IELTS Cue Card Sample: Describe a clever decision someone made
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 & Part 3: Describe a time when you invited someone for a dinner at home or restaurant
- IELTS Cue Card Sample: Describe an event you attended in which you didn’t like the music played
You can talk to him about politics, sports, business, Bollywood and many other things and you will be surprised at his knowledge. Although he is retired, he leads a very disciplined life. He gets ready in the morning and goes to a nearby park where many senior citizens like him come and chit chat with each other. I think very high of my grandfather. I am very proud of him.
Many of my relatives and neighbours come to him for advice. He loves company and is very happy when he is surrounded with people. He loves meeting new people and making friends. So, my grandfather is the most knowledgeable person and has many interesting ideas and opinions.