IELTS Writing Task 2 Question
Rich countries often give financial aid to poor countries, but it does not solve poverty. So rich countries should give other types of help to poor countries rather than financial aid. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
Underdeveloped countries receive a substantial amount of aid from developed countries. However, it seems quite interesting that this measure has not eradicated poverty in the nations receiving support. As a result, people opine that financial aid must be substituted with other forms of assistance. I strongly believe in the latter point of view. In the following paragraphs, I shall explain how emergent nations can prosper with other forms of aid.
Primarily, monetary assistance cannot alleviate the deep-rooted problems in the underdeveloped nations. For example, the world bank may spend generously on country A. But the country’s political environment may not be stable. So the funds may not reach the poor. The government may introduce namesake development programs that don’t help the people. Moreover, the country may have unresolved social problems. Eventually, the country will continue to remain poor despite receiving huge amounts of aid. So it is high time that developed nations resort to other forms of assistance in these countries.
Related posts maybe you like:
- IELTS Opinion Essay Model Answer – Topic: Creative Artists
- Opinion Essay for IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: A Person Achieves Their Aims in Life is Related to Luck
- IELTS Discussion Essay Model Answer 4 – Topic: Save Languages With Few Speakers From Dying Out
- Model Essay for IELTS Writing Task 2 Topic: Learning a Language Could Be Advantageous
- IELTS Cause Solution Essay Model Answer – Topic: Poverty
Primarily, they must invest in education and healthcare. Young people should receive a quality education. Everyone should have access to proper medical treatment. Education will help eradicate unemployment and prevent people from resorting to unlawful activities. So developed countries must help in building good schools, universities, and hospitals. Moreover, they can help stabilize the government in these countries and monitor whether the political environment is conducive for growth.
In conclusion, mere financial aid will not contribute greatly to a country’s development. The right form of assistance must be decided after a thorough analysis of the country’s social, economic, climatic, and political conditions.
Structure of the opinion essay
Choose the side (agree/disagree)
- Do you agree that rich countries should give other types of help to poor countries rather
than financial aid? or
- Do you disagree that rich countries should give other types of help to poor countries rather
than financial aid?
Question Paraphrased – Underdeveloped countries receive a substantial amount of aid from developed countries. But, it is interesting to note that this measure has not eradicated poverty in the nations receiving support. So people have started thinking that financial aid must be substituted with other forms of assistance.
Opinion – I strongly believe in the latter point of view.
A thesis statement – In the following paragraphs, I shall explain how emergent nations can prosper with other forms of aid.
Body Paragraph 1:
Central idea: Why financial aid fails to help?
- Unstable political environment.
- Introduction of namesake programs
- Unresolved social problems
Body Paragraph 2:
Central idea: Alternatives that can help
- Investment in education and healthcare
- Monitoring political conditions
Reiterated that type of aid must be decided after an in-depth study of the country and just financing is of no help.