Describe a film you have watched and thought about it
You should say:
- When you watched it
- Where you watched it
- Whether you like it or not
And explain why you thought about it
Related posts maybe you like:
- IELTS Cue Card 17 Sample Answer Band 8+ in 2021 Topic: An Experience as A Member of a Team
- IELTS Cue Card 15 Sample Answer Band 8+ in 2021 – Topic: A Time You Travelled to a Polluted Place
- Answers for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 (Sep – Dec 2021)
- IELTS Cue Card Sample with Audio: Describe a foreign country you would like to go to
- IELTS Cue Card Sample with Audio: Describe a time when you forgot something important
BAND 9 SAMPLE ANSWER
Well I would consider myself a film enthusiast and actually, I have watched an awful lot of movies but the one that leaves the most vivid impression on me is “The Environment”, a thought-provoking movie released a few years ago.
So long story short (to make a long story short), the movie basically is about a group of environmentalists trying to explore areas that are in pristine conditions (a clean, new state) in order to elucidate (explain)the negative impacts of human activities on the environment and to seek for a safer natural habitat for the endangered animals that have dwindled (to become gradually less or smaller) recently. During their journey, they encountered a raft of hurdles (a very large number of obstacles) , you know, like poachers, logging companies and those who want to take advantage of the environment for their own benefits. Eventually, the team had to give up due to some invisible/underground forces. As a result, the world ended with tons of natural catastrophes and millions of people were dead in the movie.
So that is the movie’s content and there were a few reasons why I had to think about it.
Firstly, as a person who is environmentally-conscious, I was triggered (caused) to come up with (think of ideas/ solutions…) some solutions to fight against all the antagonists (opponent) in the movie. I mean, had they, the bad people, considered all the ramifications (unexpected outcome) of their actions, the movie wouldn’t have ended up so badly.
Secondly, I fixated on (focus on) the movie simply because it perfectly indicates the problems we are facing right now in terms of the environment such as environmental degradation or water and waste contamination. I mean, the movie is a perfect example to help raise people’s awareness of environmental protection. I really hope this movie will gain more popularity to help more people realize how terrible it will be if they don’t take actions to preserve the environment.
Speaking part 3 questions:
1. Do people in your country watch movies or comedy shows?
2. What kinds of films do they watch at the movie theatre?
3. Does a film which a celebrity doesn’t act in become successful and popular?
4. Do you often watch TV shows? Would you like to watch live shows?