Describe a team you were a member of / Describe An Experience You Had As A Member Of A Team
You should say:
- What it was
- Who the members of the team were
- What role you played in this team
- And explain how you achieved your goal
Band 8+ Model Answer for IELTS Speaking Part 2
I am going to talk about a team of which I was a member.
So a few years ago, when I was a sophomore in university, I really wanted to be financially self-sufficient so I applied to work for an English center in ABC city.
After passing the interview, I was instructed to work in the Academic Department. And my very first project was working with a team of 4 to come up with (to think of sth like ideas, solutions, etc) some novel (new) methods to study English.
I remember that at the time we were working against the clock (trying hard to finish sth before a particular time) to catch up with the deadlines and you might think that we must have had tons of conflicts and arguments, we actually didn’t. My manager was a natural born leader, and he was also a tactful (thorough/ careful) person. I mean, whenever things were about to go too far (misbehave), he knew exactly what to say to ease the situation without hurting any members of the team and helped us to reach a consensus on (reach an agreement) whatever we were discussing.
Not only that, my manager was really receptive (willing to listen or consider aa suggestion) so it was pretty easy for us to voice our opinion and contribute to the project, which was why we successfully devised a new teaching method for the center.
You know, I really enjoyed working in that team because my manager gave me a lot of steers on (give advice on) different matters. What I still remember most is that communication skills are requisite (necessary) when it comes to (regard) working in a team and I believe that in the future, the experience will do wonders (have a good effect on someone or something) for my future career.
Related posts maybe you like:
- IELTS Cue Card 23 Sample Band 8+ Topic: Favourite Season Or Time of The Year
- (SEP – DEC 2021) 52 IELTS Speaking Part 2 & Part 3 Topics & Questions with Model Answers PDF (Ebook)
- IELTS Cue Card 16 Sample Band 8+ in 2021 Topic: A Time Someone Apologized to You
- Answers for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & 3 (Sep – Dec 2021)
- [SEP – DEC 2021] IELTS Cue Card 21 Sample Band 8 Topic: Describe a piece of good news that you received