IELTS Speaking Part 1 Questions & Answers – Topic: Break / holiday
- Which one do you prefer? A long break or a short break?
To be honest, I prefer a short break because whenever I take a long break, I tend to become demotivated (feeling less enthusiastic about your work) and indolent (lazy) to go to work, which will result in me being unproductive for the rest of the day. So a 30-minute break is ideal for me.
- What do you like to do in your break?
Well, I usually stretch my tight muscles and grab a cup of coffee. Then I listen to music in my break time, because I consider listening to music pure escapism and it really helps de-clutter (get rid of sth) my mind. Sometimes I love to have a chit chat ( informal conversation about matters that are not important ) with other colleagues from time to time (sometimes).
- Why do we have to take a break?
I think having a break is such a great way to re-energize (to inject with energy again) our mind so that we can stay focused better. Not only that, good breaks can reduce mental fatigue (extreme tiredness) and it boosts brain function so we can work more effectively.
Related posts maybe you like:
- Band 8 Sample Answer for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic & Questions: Relax / Taking a rest/ Take a break
- Sample Answers for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Wallet
- (SEP – DEC 2021) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics & Questions with Model Answers (Updating)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Sample Band 9 in 2021 – Topic: Animals / Pets / Wild Animals
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Sample Band 9 in 2021 – Topic: Reading / Reading Books
4. Do you often take a break at work/ study?
To tell the truth, I can’t work for more than 4 hours in a row (something happens that number of times without a break) so I oftentimes take a short break at work. On top of that (in addition to something), my job involves quite a lot of screen time (the amount of time spent looking at an electronic device with a screen like TV or computer), so it is crucial to let my eyes rest for a while (a short period of time). Also a break is a perfect opportunity to stretch my body after sitting for so long.
5. Do you like several short breaks or a long break?
Frankly speaking, I prefer a long break because it takes me quite a while (a short period of time) to get back in the zone (concentrate) after a short break. Therefore, I’d rather take a long break, which I find more productive and efficient for me at work.
6. Is it important to take a break?
Obviously, a sedentary (involving little exercise or physical activity) lifestyle can be devastating (causing a lot of damage or destruction) to our health. Nowadays, most people devote their time to (spend most of one’s time doing sth) working or studying in front of a computer screen so physical inactivity is inevitable (unavoidable). Therefore, taking a break is vital for us to rejuvenate (to make someone look or feel young and energetic again) and stay healthy, which in turn could boost productivity drastically.