IELTS Speaking Part 2 Topic: Describe a free day off study or work
You should say:
What would you do?
Who would you do it with?
Related posts maybe you like:
- Band 8+ for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & Part 3 Topic: Describe a quiet place you visited
- IELTS Cue Card 23 Sample Band 8+ Topic: Favourite Season Or Time of The Year
- [SEP – DEC 2021] IELTS Cue Card 21 Sample Band 8 Topic: Describe a piece of good news that you received
- IELTS Cue Card 20 Sample Band 8+ in 2021 Topic: Describe a singer that you like
- IELTS Cue Card 19 Sample Band 8+ Topic: A skill you learned when you were a child
Why would you like to do it?
BAND 8 MODEL ANSWER
To be honest, I have been living a hectic (busy) life since I graduated from university so I cannot remember well the last time I had time to unwind (relax); therefore, I desperately long for (have a strong desire for sth) having a day off to let my hair down (to allow yourself to behave much more freely than usual and enjoy yourself ).
Well, I imagine that I would squander the whole morning sleep in (to sleep until later in the morning than you usually do) and turn off my phone to avoid being disturbed by others. After enjoying my big breakfast in my elegant dining room, I would call my best friend since we haven’t had a chit-chat (informal conversation about matters that are not important) for a long time. After that, I would get dressed up a little bit and go out to have lunch with my family at my favorite restaurant. In the afternoon, I guess I would go shopping since it is an ideal way to lift up my spirit. Then, I would attend a yoga class to strengthen my muscles and relax my mind because I haven’t had chance to practice yoga for such a long time due to the chaos at work.
So that is the way I would spend my day off. There is no specific reason why I would like to do these things. Basically, socializing and working under pressure at work really stress me out and this couldn’t be a more perfect time for me to let off some steam (to do something that helps you to get rid of strong feelings or energy). Obviously, after taking a day off, my productivity at work will surely be improved.