Sample Answers for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic and Questions: Colors
1. What colors do you like?
Since my taste always changes, my favorite color at the moment is black. Although I have just bought some black items recently, black surprisingly suits me. It feels like I become more mature and more mysterious when wearing a black dress. And because it’s one of the basic colors, it’s easy to mix and match with other items of different colors and styles.
Related posts maybe you like:
- [SEP – DEC 2021] Sample Answers for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic & Questions: Getting Lost
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Sample Band 9 – Topic: Family Activities
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic & Questions: Flowers with Band 9 Model Answers
- Sample Answers for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Headphone
- Band 8 Sample Answers for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Food
taste (n) a preference or liking for something; inclination
To mix and match (v) select and combine different but complementary items, such as clothing or pieces of equipment, to form a coordinated set
2. What’s the most popular color in your country?
To be honest, it’s hard to tell, as it totally depends on people’s taste. But I guess it’s my favorite color-black. Black fashion items can be found at clothing shops, since it’s said to be simple yet classy. Morever, electronic devices and household supplies are mostly in black-colored, probably because the trace of dirt and dust are more visible in black, thus it’s easier for cleaning.
3. Do you like to wear dark or bright colors?
I’m actually flexible between dark and bright colors. But colors somehow do reflect my mood. Bright colors gives me a younger, positive and cheerful look. They also match my skin tone better than dark colors. So I guess I prefer wearing bright colors.
To reflect (v) to show an image of
4. What’s the different between men and women’s preference on colors?
The difference in color taste can be seen so clearly that most menswear is more basic-colored while women clothes are varied vastly from monotone to color-mixed. In terms of fashion, the color theme for women is absolutely overweight.
Monotone (n) without colour or variety, dull
5. Do colors affect your mood?
Actually, the converse effect is more suitable for me, especially when it comes to shopping. I don’t thnk I’d feel happier when I look at a pink-colored shirt or feel pulled-down when I wear a gray cardigan. So no, I don’t think color is related to my feelings inside.
6. Do you usually wear clothes in your favourite colours?
Yes, I am fashion-conscious (very interested in fashion and wearing fashionable clothes) and I adore green color so my wardrobe looks green. I have all shades of green from olive, emerald, lime to sea green and parrot green.
7. Are there any colours you dislike?
No, I don’t detest (strongly dislike) any specific colors , but I avoid using black when it comes to (when considering some particular thing, person, or action) painting my house, because it makes my home look scary and dark.
8. Do you like dark colours or light colours?
It really depends on my mood. When I’m in a good mood (=be happy and pleasant), I prefer bright, vibrant (lively) colours. When I feel depressed about (very unhappy) something, I go for (=choose sth) dull shades.