IELTS Speaking Part 1 Questions & Answers- Topic: Borrowing/lending
- Have you borrowed books from others?
Not yet, since I don’t want to bother other people. If I want to read something, I will just head to a local library to read it, or I can just order the book online, which is more convenient.
- Have you ever borrowed money from others?
Well, rarely. I believe that money can break relationship so I have always tried to avoid borrowing money from others. Only when I am in desperate need of money (used to say that someone or something needs to have something) I will ask my friends to borrow some money from them but I always pay them back on time.
- Do you like to lend things to others?
Well it depends on what kinds of things they want to borrow from me and our relationship. If he is near and dear to (very close to someone, or be of great importance to someone) me, I would say yes. If we are not that close, I’m afraid that I would say no!
Related posts maybe you like:
- Band 8 Sample Answer for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic & Questions: Relax / Taking a rest/ Take a break
- Sample Answers for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topic: Wallet
- (SEP – DEC 2021) IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics & Questions with Model Answers (Updating)
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Sample Band 9 in 2021 – Topic: Break / Holiday
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Sample Band 9 in 2021 – Topic: Animals / Pets / Wild Animals
4. How do you feel when people don’t return things they borrowed from you?
Basically, it is the least of my concerns (something that someone is not worried about ) if the things they borrow are insignificant to me. I never lend out expensive or meaningful stuff to irresponsible people, therefore I rarely experience this situation. However, there have been several times when my close friend broke her promise and did not repay the promised amount of money on time. At first, I just lost my temper (angry) but when she gave me a proper explanation and seemed regretful, I let it go ( to forget or not care about something) and waited patiently til she was able to give it back to me.