1. Do you like art?
I have a lifelong passion for art since I was a child. Beside official art class in school, I also joined a drawing class in The Children’ House and my teachers were very pleased with my drawings. I also participated in some drawing competitions back then. Until now I still draw in my free time, although not as often as I used to do.
Related posts maybe you like:
- Band 9 Sample for IELTS Speaking Part 1 Questions in 2021 Topic: Art
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam with Model Answers in Pakistan – November 2021
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam with Model Answers in Iran – November 2021
- Recent IELTS Speaking Exam with Model Answers in Bangladesh – November 2021
- Recent IELTS Speaking Test in Canada – November 2021 with Model Answers
To have a passion for (v) to be enthusiastic about Sth
To participate in (v) to join in
2. Do you think art classes are necessary? (Why?)/ 28.3. How do you think art classes affect children’s development?
Learning arts, especially at a young age, can help stimulate children’s cognitive development and encourage them to think outside the box. Because they’re still little, their ideas are very fresh and lovely, which worths appreciating.
Cognitive development (noun) the construction of thought processes, including remembering, problem solving, and decision-making, etc
Think outside the box (idiom) think creatively
4. What kind of paintings do people like?
In my opinion, people love hanging landscape paintings at home. Bringing in the beauty of Mother Nature somehow ease people’s mind after a long day at work. Another style of drawing that most people also like is portrait. It could be portraits of someone important to them or even their lovely pets.
Landscape (n) scenery, a large area of land
Portrait: A painting, drawing, photograph, or engraving of a person, especially one depicting only the face or head and shoulders
5. What benefits can you get from painting as a hobby?
I think the mediation efficiency worths mentioning first. Colors in some ways reflect our thoughts and emotions very well and somehow stimulate our body to defense against our negativity inside. For me, in particular, I think what’s so interesting about painting is that you have no idea how harmonized colors can become until you actually try.
Mediation (n) psychological treatment to stay calm
To be harmonized (n) to be well combined
6. How often do you visit art galleries?
To tell you the truth, I have never visited art galleries before. Unless I have a guide to acknowledge me, art galleries would be quite boring for me.
7. What kinds of things do you like to draw?
My main inspiration is Japanese manga. The drawing topic is extremely varied, however only manga seems to show great potency for my level. I have a big collection at home and as I sometimes go through it again, I can see how much I’ve improved.
To go through Sth (v) to check Sth again
8. Is it easy to learn how to draw?
I think I must say it’s even challenging for a lot of people. I absolutely failed when it comes to drawing still life paintings like fruit and flowers. I think for those who succeed in drawing or arts in general, they first must have God-gifted talent, then comes to the long-term commitment to arts that requires extreme practice and high patience.
Still life (n) a painting or drawing of an arrangement of objects, typically