Describe an occasion when the vehicle you were traveling in broke down
– When was it
– Where did it happen
– Who was with you
It hasn’t happened very often with me that the car, bus or other conveyance I use for travel, broke down and I had to halt in between a journey. But, here I would like to talk about an incident that I still vividly remember like it was yesterday.
It was about 2 months back when I was travelling alone on my two-wheeler, from my house to my friend’s. It was the weekend just after our exams, and we were free after having studied hard for the exams. My friend lives in the neighbouring village and her house is about 7 kms from my place. I left my place at 2 in the afternoon. Just after about 3 Km, my bike started making odd sounds out of the engine. I was not able to figure out the problem as I had never faced such an issue with my bike earlier. All of a sudden the bike stopped and wouldn’t start. I pulled off the bike to the side and tried to see what was wrong. However, I didn’t understand the issue. I called my friend, as I was midway between her/his house and mine. She requested a mechanic in her village to sit behind her on her scooty and they reached me soon.
Related posts maybe you like:
- Model Answer for IELTS Speaking Part 2 – Topic: Describe an occasion when you received an incorrect information
- Model Answer for IELTS Speaking Part 2 – Topic: Describe an occasion when you showed something new to younger people.
- Sample Band 8 for IELTS Speaking Part 2 & Part 3: A Time When You Waited for Something Special to Happen
- Sample Band 9 for IELTS Speaking Part 2: Describe a place you hate to visit
- Sample Band 8 for IELTS Cue Card: Describe your favorite singer or actor
Fortunately, the mechanic was intelligent enough to diagnose the problem and he was able to start the vehicle. He, however told me that what he had done was only a temporary fix and that I should get the service of my bike done as soon as possible. It took about 1 hour to fix the problem but I felt relaxed after getting the issue resolved. As it was already late, I told my friend that I would visit her some other time and returned home.
From this experience, I learnt that a machine could not be relied 100% always and it may break down at anytime. Now, I always keep my two-wheeler serviced regularly, so that such a problem doesn’t happen again.