Describe something you did which was a waste of time
You should say:
- what the thing was
- when you did it
- how you did it
- and explain why it was a waste of time.
Band 8+ Model Answer for IELTS Speaking Part 2
Well you know I am a person who always values time so hardly ever do I waste time doing something that doesn’t benefit me. But there was a time that I made a horrible decision, which resulted in me wasting lots of time.
So a few months ago, I had a very important exam to sit so I was inundated with (to receive so much of something that you cannot easily deal with it all) my homework from university, you know, I had a raft of (a very large number of sth) presentations, assignments that needed doing and to be honest, I was frazzled (extremely tired). It was such a nerve-racking (make you feel nervous) time for me.
Related posts maybe you like:
- IELTS Cue Card 23 Sample Band 8+ Topic: Favourite Season Or Time of The Year
- IELTS Cue Card 17 Sample Answer Band 8+ in 2021 Topic: An Experience as A Member of a Team
- IELTS Cue Card 16 Sample Band 8+ in 2021 Topic: A Time Someone Apologized to You
- (SEP – DEC 2021) 52 IELTS Speaking Part 2 & Part 3 Topics & Questions with Model Answers PDF (Ebook)
- IELTS Cue Card 15 Sample Answer Band 8+ in 2021 – Topic: A Time You Travelled to a Polluted Place
So one night before the exam, I decided to catch a flick (watch a movie) on Netflix to de-clutter (get rid of sth) my mind just because I didn’t want to go crazy with all the stuff I was dealing with. However, after one episode, I was hooked on the movie and I binge-watched ( watch several episodes of a TV series at one time) the whole series on Netflix and as you can probably guess, I wasted 4 hours or thereabouts (near that number, degree, or quantity) on the platform.
Consequently, I had to sit up for cramming (study very hard in a short time) all the knowledge that I hadn’t revised for the exam and on the test day, I felt so groggy (tired) and I couldn’t really concentrate on my exam and yes, I performed poorly on the exam. I was dismayed (upset) because I thought had I spent time studying instead of watching movies, I would have had passed that exam with a higher score, with flying colours (very well) even.
Anyways, lesson learned and since then I have never wasted time on things that I consider unnecessary. So that was something I did which was time-wasting.